Saturday, September 18, 2010

July in The Pacific Northwest

We did tons of exploring and hiking and swimming in July.  It is not as warm here as it was back in Minnesota.  We went to a place called Deception Pass.  There is a lake called Cranberry Lake which is fresh water only a 100 yards or so from the salt water of the sound.  Pretty cool!

There was a log floating in the lake.  Dunn and I met a friend who had a paddle.  We had so much fun trying to balance on the log and paddle around

I built a sand castle on the beach.

I even went into the cold sound waters for a dip.  Buurrr!


We also went to another beach called Chuckanut.  This was my favorite beach so far.  The hike through the woods was fun.  My Grandma and Grandpa were here for a visit with their puppy Lexi. 

Deer watching us on the trail.


Hiking down to the beach.


Family photo on the railroad tracks.

Rock with water wear.

Dead crab!

Wading in the sound looking for critters.


We found tons of baby crabs.


Dinner plate sized purple star fish....HUGE and rough feeling.  We tried to pull him off his rock so that we could hold him.  No luck!

Sea Star that was very soft and squishy.  This one was also dinner plate sized.


Finally we took Grandma and Grandpa to Pikes Place Market in Seattle.

Pikes Place Pig!

Balloon Man.

Silver statue guy with Grandma and Grandpa.

School started here September 1st.  I love my new teacher Mrs. Mitchell.  I have made lots of new friends.  We have been doing so much fun stuff and I love living on the Sound.    I almost forgot...Here is one last picture of the cars going into the belly of the ferry that I promised.


XXOO
SOREN

No comments:

Post a Comment